CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: NAMES this weekend.

on 2006-04-21 13:11:14 UTC
> A reminder to those within range, that the NAMES, show is this weekend.
> There will be a lot of CNC machines there showing off there stuff. And all of
> the beautiful models will suggest projects for many. Also a lot of venders
> of all kinds, from CNC machines, software, metals, kits, magazines, the list
> is long. Anyone see Ballendo, take his picture, and send it to
> me................grin
> bill
>
> P.S.Unfortunately plans had to change, and I will not be able to attend this
> year.

That will be interesting seeing Ballendo in person.

However there is a slight problem, although NAMES is this weekend Ballendo doesn't understand the term 'Weekend '

From a post of his on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 AM
"Subject: Re: Smallest Power supply??

Bill,

If you can live with 4 amps, I have a 30volt supply at 2-1/2" tall,
with a 3"x5" footprint. (Could be re-arranged into 4"x 4-1/2" at 2-
1/2" tall if that's a better fit.)

It's a linear supply with regulator developed for our three axis
driver box. The box supports the hobbyCNC unipolar chopper board,
xylotex 3 or 4 axis, 3 geckos or our fully integrated 3 axis sla7062
based driver/breakout board. The overall box is about the size of a
red brick on edge, at 3-3/4" wide, 5-3/4 tall, and 8-3/4 deep.

Details of this driver box--and the machine it's designed to work
with<G>--this weekend.

Ballendo"

In this case 'this weekend' should have been the 31st of March - 1st of April.

So this leaves two scenerio's, one it was an April fools joke or secondly because when the west changed over from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar in 1582
there was a time error which currently stands at 13 days.
So either Ballendo should have unveilded his masterpieces yet again [sigh ] on the 12th / 13th of April or he will turn up for NAMES nearly two weeks late.

John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-04-21 13:11:14 UTC Re: NAMES this weekend. R Rogers 2006-04-21 15:07:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: NAMES this weekend. Jon Elson 2006-04-24 06:40:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: NAMES this weekend.