CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What iron to use in a retrofit???

Posted by Polaraligned
on 2006-05-03 16:19:27 UTC
I think the old BOSS 5 series are easy to retrofit and can be
had at a reasonable price. The controls are pretty much worthless
these days. The big advantage is that many parts are available
for these machines.

Scott

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jeremy_satterfield"
<jeremy_satterfield@...> wrote:

> I am looking to add a cnc mill to my small machine shop. I would love
> to go with a VMC but limited on money I can spend. What machine would
> be best for a retrofit? I am planning on adding possibly a Centroid or
> Ajax control to it. I am looking for a full size machine that is rigid
> and accurate ,planning on using this mill to add cnc capability to my
> shop. When I say full size and rigid I mean not a benchtop mill , I
> think as far as rigid , a knee mill would be ok it wouldnt have to be a
> bed type mill. Out of all the bridgeport Boss machines does one
> outshine the others as far as a retrofit is concerned? How about an old
> Hurco or Tree? I am at the research phase right now so I appreciate
> all input.

Discussion Thread

jeremy_satterfield 2006-05-03 13:24:30 UTC What iron to use in a retrofit??? bo dai 2006-05-03 16:07:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What iron to use in a retrofit??? Polaraligned 2006-05-03 16:19:27 UTC Re: What iron to use in a retrofit???