CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT pedants Unite! WAS Re: Wood Duck redux questionnaire answers:

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2006-05-09 19:14:50 UTC
My own "favorite" misuse/misspelling is all of the folks who are
"loosing" steps. I would bet a search of the archives would show more
people who "loose" steps than who lose them!

Andy Wander | Vice President, Engineering
Verrex

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mariss Freimanis
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:45 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Wood Duck redux questionnaire answers:

Pedant, part 2:

1) One who pays attention to details and is meticulous in his own
work.

2) One who is bothered by an obvious and continued misspelling of a
word, bothered as in "it hurts the eyes".

(My definitions.):-)

Tony, Thanks! "Hobbiest" has made me scream every time I see it but
it has been an unvoiced silent scream until now. Hobbyist, Hobbyist,
HOBBYIST darn it!! There, somehow I feel better now.

Next: Get the guys that use eminent and imminent interchangably. That
will be a prize!

Mariss

This communication including any attachments, are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and contains
confidential or copyrighted materials. Duplication,
distribution or reproduction is strictly prohibited by law
without written permission of Verrex

Discussion Thread

Andy Wander 2006-05-09 19:14:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT pedants Unite! WAS Re: Wood Duck redux questionnaire answers: