CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System

Posted by JCullins
on 2006-05-10 18:38:55 UTC
Contgrats Ben !
I wish I could see it but I wont make it this year. Doing a workshop in
Monroe, Wa.
Starts next Wed.
Bob will be there to rep us. See Bob about the key change part you made from
a file.
I borrowed it and just haven't got it mailed back to you.
Jim Cullins
Sound Logic
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben" <bnf@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System

> WE are very excited about the up coming CNC Workshop in Galesburg Ill
> http://www.cnc-workshop.com I am taking this opportunity via Email to
> let everyone know that we will be showing our new PULSE EDM power
> supply design at the show.
>
> As far as I know this is the only Do It Yourself homebuilt Pulse EDM
> machine in the world with the capabilities of a truly state of the art
> pulsed EDM power supply (manual).
>
> On Thursday May 18, 2006, 1:30-4:30pm we will be conducting a seminar
> on the theory and application of the EDM process as well as the design
> of the simple RC machine featured in The EDM How-To Book. The seminar
> will also cover an overview of the new Five-amp pulse machine.
> Demonstions will be given during the seminar as well as at other times
> during the week. There should be plenty of time for questions and
> answers.
>
> We are planning to make available, in book form, complete schematics
> and instructions on how to build the Five-amp machine. I hope that the
> book will be in print some time early in 2007.
>
> An overview of the featured machine is as follows.
>
> 1. Five Amp capability in 16 steps
> 2. Complete control of the spark on and off time (5micro second to 500
> microseconds)
> 3. Ram Dither (control over the frequency of ram retraction and the
> length of retraction time).
> 4. Electronic edge finder (built in)
> 5. Manual ram retract and advance.
> 6. DC servo gear motor driven ram
> 7. Electrode indexing capability for precise location of electrodes
> (in multi electrode applications)
> 8. Digital burn depth measurement.
> 9. A small bench top EDM machine retrofitted to a Sherline lathe/mill.
>
> There is also a very good chance that a more advanced 10 amp manual
> Pulse machine will be ready for the show also, (no promises on this
> one). Several other EDM project are cooking for the workshop.
>
> Thanks for your interest and support in this project.
>
> For more information check out the following links

> http://homebuiltedm.tripod.com/
>
> http://neme-s.org/CNC_Workshop/CNC_Workshop_7.htm
>
> I hope to see everyone there
>
> Ben Fleming & Mike Erbe

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> This message has been processed by Firetrust Benign.

Discussion Thread

Ben 2006-05-10 15:25:14 UTC Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System JCullins 2006-05-10 18:38:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System Ben 2006-05-11 06:07:37 UTC Re: Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System JCullins 2006-05-11 06:25:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Debut of DIY 5 amp Pulse EDM System