CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Slo-Syn 2000I manual ??

on 2006-05-17 21:12:28 UTC
The 2000D6 manual is this file:
http://www.electrosales.com/warner/pdf/motion/Manual_D3-D6.pdf

It explains the control inputs and motor connections. It appears to be
a constant-current power source, and although its max voltage output
isn't mentioned in the manual, it does give max 2ohm at 6 amps,
implying a 12V max output voltage to maintain the current.

I'd keep it if I were you. It can drive a six amp stepper and has a
self-contained power supply.

Here's the 2000I catalog entry. As you say it's pretty worthless as a
CNC controller, but it'll work just fine driving feedstock into a
progressive die.

SS2000I Packaged Programmable Motion Control
SS2000I-V Closed-Loop Programmable Motion Control

The SS2000I and SS2000I-V are high performance, programmable motion
controls specifically designed for use with SS2000D6 and SS2000D12
drives. They can also be used with any other SLO-SYN step motor drives
as well as with most standard pulse and direction drives, including
digital servo drives. The controls can be used to operate one drive,
or they can operate two drives, one-at-a- time, in applications where
simultaneous motion is not needed.

The SS2000I is an open-loop control, which can be easily converted to
closed-loop operation in the field by replacing the memory module with
an optional closed-loop module.

The SS2000I-V is shipped from the factory with the closed-loop module in place.

• Two axes of motion (one at a time)
• Separate acceleration and deceleration
• Velocity changes "on the fly"
• Breakpoint programming
• Choice of trapezoidal, "S" curve, or hyperbolic ramp profiles
• Mark registration accurate to ±1 microstep
• Pulse outputs to 48 MHz
• Abundant, versatile, bulletproof I/O
• 16 inputs, 8 outputs
• Short-circuit proof outputs
• Built-in 24 VDC, 0.75 A power supply for I/O
• 400 lines of user program stored in BRAM
• Serial port, RS232 or RS 485 to 9600 baud
• Up to 2 BCD switch banks
• Optional External I/O capability
• IEC 801-4, Level III noise immunity
• UL Recognized, CE compliant
• Operates from 90 - 265 VAC, 50/60 hertz input

On 5/16/06, turbulatordude <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

> From what I have been able to gather, it appears to be kinda-sorta
> current.
>
> there are lots of distributors who have brochures on the stuff, and
> the drivers have multiple levels of microstepping. neat to be able to
> select 200, 400, 800, 2,000 steps or more.
>
> But, there are also connections I don't understand.
>
> The 2000I seems like it is a PLC that you can use to download code and
> then it will monitor 6 inputs and run 6 outputs, plus the stepper.
>
> but, sadly, so far, it looks like the 2000I can only run one stepper
> at a time. Probably not a sever limitation in some areas, but in 2
> or 3 axis machines, it is, in a word, worthless.
>
> I am still looking for manuals for the 2000D6. that seems to have
> more possibilities, but as yet no joy.
>
> I did get a pair of motors. both M093. the 9 is 90mm or NEMA34 and
> the 3 is tripel stack. only 400 oz-in, but nice to have.
>
> One has a 10:1 gear reduction on it. not sure what to use that
> for.... long axis of a router with gear rack ?
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2006-05-16 14:37:11 UTC Slo-Syn 2000I manual ?? Alan Marconett 2006-05-16 15:07:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Slo-Syn 2000I manual ?? turbulatordude 2006-05-16 18:17:04 UTC Re: Slo-Syn 2000I manual ?? Dennis Schmitz 2006-05-17 20:50:21 UTC Re: Slo-Syn 2000I manual ?? Dennis Schmitz 2006-05-17 21:12:28 UTC Re: Slo-Syn 2000I manual ??