CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on BDI-4

Harko Schwartz wrote:

>You probably are not in position enough.
>

>Harko
>

>On 5/17/06, Beau Beaufait <boeman1@...> wrote:
>

>>I am running BDI 4.38 with Jon's PPMC cards and a Bostomatic mill. Today
>>running a Meshcam file to do some engraving in wood the EMC would just
>>stop
>>like it was paused. The spindle didn't stop it just stopped progressing
>>through the file. I tried "resume" and nothing happened but when I tried
>>"step" it would proceed on and then "resume" would work. This happened
>>many
>>times over several hours. Sometimes only a few (5 or less) min. between
>>events other times like 20 min. The machine reported NO errors when this
>>would happen, and the comand it had just executed and was about to execute
>>were normal moves line G1s. sometimes single axis other times multiple
>>axis
>>(no stops or pauses)
>>
>>Yesterday ran a similar (but different) file for hours with NO problems or
>>stops. Feed rate was higer today.

I believe this is a recently discovered bug. You may want to download
an update.
If it has a following error, it will switch to "Estop Reset" mode, and
you can't step
or resume. You also get a dialog box saying which axis exceeded the
following error.

Beau Beaufait 2006-05-17 20:55:45 UTC Question on BDI-4 Harko Schwartz 2006-05-23 13:21:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on BDI-4 Jon Elson 2006-05-23 18:40:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on BDI-4