CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advise Wanted on CNC System

Posted by figNoggle
on 2006-05-26 14:46:09 UTC
hi daniel-

i bought the xylotex 3-axis kit last year and had it up and running in
less than 30 minutes (i also didn't want to make magic smoke :)

there was some recent thread about their documentation - one or two items
i thought could have used further clarification, but aside from that all
went well and continues to.

btw, it's driving a siegx2 min-mill (like the one you bought)

hope this helps!

ACME Screw & Acetal/Delrin Kit <http://www.fignoggle.com/kits/acmekit.htm>
CNC Plans <http://www.fignoggle.com/plans/cncplans.htm> (DRO too)
8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-To's and More <http://www.fignoggle.com>
Sieg X3 and Super X3 Mill Information <http://www.superx3.com>

On Fri, 26 May 2006, danieltmedlin wrote:

> I am going to start off with a stepper sytem. They seem to be less
> expensive.
>
> My question is it worth my time to collect the hardware myself, or
> purchase a complete system?
>
> Which "Turn-Key" stepper systems do you all recommend?
>
> I just bought a small lathe and mill from Harbor Freight for my
> first attempt of a CNC conversion.

Discussion Thread

danieltmedlin 2006-05-26 14:39:26 UTC Advise Wanted on CNC System figNoggle 2006-05-26 14:46:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advise Wanted on CNC System Jeff Goldberg 2006-05-26 15:04:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advise Wanted on CNC System