CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] what's the best CNC program for my Emco Compact 5 converted to CNC?

on 2006-05-31 18:45:22 UTC
Can you set up a 'pure DOS' partition on your hard drive, and boot from
that? DOS 6.20 or 6.22 is very powerful. Perhaps your CNC-Pro needs some
DOS commands that aren't on the floppy. Or, maybe you need an earlier
version of DOS??

RayHex

-----Original Message-----
Date: Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:15 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] what's the best CNC program for my Emco Compact 5
converted to CNC?

>I have an Emco Compact 5 mini-lathe converted to CNC by Minitech. You
>can see the lathe one the Minitech web site - click Hardware, click
>CNC Lathes, and there it is on the right.
>
>Not all of it. I got a control box with a Minitech label on it. Not
>sure what the date is on all this equipment, but the lathe is
>practically unmarked, so it's either newish or not used a lot.
>
>I bought the lathe on eBay, and I like it, but I'm having trouble
>controlling the lathe from my computer. I got CNC Pro with the lathe,
>but it has problems - it must run in pure DOS, so I boot from a floppy
>disk, and it locks up a lot - have to re-boot. I'd like to get a
>program that's more stable and possibly with more features.
>
>I've called Minitech several but never get through, and I've emailed
>them more times but never get a response. I figure I've got to dig up
>this information on my own. I hope there's someone out there who's
>gone through the same learning curve. Or someone who can help me with
>the right questions.
>
>Thanks in advance, Chas

Discussion Thread

ackermanpens 2006-05-27 13:15:21 UTC what's the best CNC program for my Emco Compact 5 converted to CNC? R Rogers 2006-05-27 13:36:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] what's the best CNC program for my Emco Compact 5 converted to CNC? Raymond Heckert 2006-05-31 18:45:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] what's the best CNC program for my Emco Compact 5 converted to CNC?