CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Another router video..

on 2006-06-02 05:53:45 UTC
> ballendo wrote:
>

> >Steppers or servos? is NOT "please tell us exactly which motors
> >you're using, where you bought them, how they're wired, etc".
> >

> From the sound on the videos I'd say servo's. No apparent stepper whine.
>
> >Linear bearing type? is NOT "make, model number and mounting method"
> >

> >Rack/pinion or ballscrew or? is similarly vague, but still provides
> >exactly the kind of info that WILL provide the impetus to expanding
> >the hobby that you're saying is your reason for posting these videos.
> >

> I'd reckon either rack & pinion or more likely high lead ballscrews.
> I'd certainly chose the latter if I wanted rapid positioning AND accuracy.
>
> More important question is what is the step source if he's using
> step/dir. Could guess at a g100 or similar ;-)
>
> Whatever I hope he does well with it.

At least when he does come to sell it people will know just what it can do without vague promises.

I also wish him well.

John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-06-02 05:53:45 UTC Re: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Another router video..