CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] steppers or servo?

on 2000-07-08 21:03:56 UTC
Hi Terry and List.

I'm not sure that I haven't missed something here, but what I consider as
a servo may not achieve a move for various fault reasons elsewhere in the
system, but surely it will still "know" where it is, and hence not "miss
steps". Iagree with the comment re steppers, but a feedback machine (servo
system) should surely hold the programme until it achieves the requisite
end position for any move sequence, hence if it cannot complete the move
the system will surely throw an alarm and stop?

Jim Gregg