CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: What makes a machine CNC ready?

Posted by Les Newell
on 2006-07-02 13:00:31 UTC
Hi Lester,

Ballscrews can take a surprising amount of dirt. I have seen quite a few
commercial routers with only very basic wipers on the nut to keep out
the big bits. Dust doesn't seem to do much harm. Admittedly most of them
do pump grease directly into the nut which will tend to push the dust
out. I know of one that works hard 5 days a week and the nut only sees
grease when I get called in to fix a fault on the machine. Most of the
time it runs bone dry.

Les

Lester Caine wrote:

> Well I've got a price on a pair of Kerk screws as an alternative for my
> 450mm sq router table. £66 each for a 600mm long M12x1.25. Having
> followed the discussions, I fancy that MDF dust and ball screws could be
> fun, so I think I will start with that.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-06-30 08:58:04 UTC Re: Re: What makes a machine CNC ready? Lester Caine 2006-07-02 01:04:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: What makes a machine CNC ready? Les Newell 2006-07-02 13:00:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: What makes a machine CNC ready?