CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] YAK-was Mastercam Tutorials

on 2000-07-10 17:38:32 UTC
Hi all.
The quote below really got to me - I had the experience of coping with new
engineering and science graduates in a high tech. (NASA) workplace
situation straight after their graduations.

There were three problems.
1. As graduate engineers or scientists they knew everything
2. They had NO practical skills in their fields, or any others mostly, and
could not apply the skills and theory they had learnt, to real situations.
---This one was the real worry!
3. This is / was the real world.

It became both so dangerous and expensive that we eventually dropped the
scheme.

Jim Gregg

At 10:18 AM 7/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
> The guy who sent the link on the Mastercam tutorials, Thanks. I am

========================<<< CUT >>>====================
I must vent a little. I have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical
>Engineering, but I learned absolutely ZIP about anything PRACTICAL. I
>got A's in both Control System Design and Dynamic Systems classes, but I
>learned absolutely nothing that would help me build anything.
> My boss was telling me that when HE went to school, they made their
>own patterns and castings, etc. etc. I'm was so jealous.
> Engineering is ALL about buisiness.
> I know it's the way the world is and all that, but it rubs my fur
>the wrong way!!!!!!!
>
> Evacuation Complete.

Discussion Thread

joe 2000-07-10 08:07:57 UTC Mastercam Tutorials Alison & Jim Gregg 2000-07-10 17:38:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] YAK-was Mastercam Tutorials