CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 - Finally a Solution

on 2006-07-23 02:53:06 UTC
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "th_carel" <th.carel@...> wrote:
> >
> > check this:
> > http://www.eltesrl.com
> >
> > look at : double shaft exit , Bialbero series
> > from 0.7 to 7kw , 3000 to18000 rpm
>
> that's the one.

We used to a lot of these motors from a German firm, Perske.
Some were 200 Hz running at 12,000 rpm and some were 400Hz running at 24,000 rpm
Mose of these were on drilling operations but some were routing in wood.

These ran for 8 to 10 hours at a time with no problems, running on their own they were very quiet and vibration free but there was a lot of machine background noise.
Most of the earlier 200 Hz models had a taper to which a small Jacobs rubber flex chuck was fitted.
The 400 Hz units had an inbuilt ER 11 spindle and we a lot better.

Because we ran so many and before invertors, the factory was wired uo with 200Hz and 400 Hz power from two seperate motor generators.

The Italian made ones are just as good but half the price of the Perske units.

For anyone contemplating long program runs this is the way to go.
They may seem expensive but they will work out in the long run.
As a ball park figure I can get the 400 Hz units with collet chuck for about 350 UKP

John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-07-20 08:02:39 UTC Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 - Finally a Solution Lester Caine 2006-07-20 08:45:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 - Finally a Solution John Stevenson 2006-07-23 02:53:06 UTC Re: High Speed Spindle for SIEG X2 - Finally a Solution