CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Linux and Windows

on 2006-07-25 13:49:03 UTC
Seconded. I just finished building three Ubuntu systems, a co-located
server that I'm shipping off to a friend who owns an ISP, a controller
for a mill using EMC2, and a desktop system that is really a virtual
machine that runs on my laptop for software development work and to
hold my Orcad parts database.

And I hardly had to use my education at all except for the part where
I had to rebuild the kernel when I hosed the mill controller doing
something stupid. (Hosing it up required the grad degree, fixing it
was much easier.)

Speaking of which, I highly recommend a rescue CD known as "Insert" --
you can download it from sourceforge.

On 7/24/06, Lane Shutt <lmshutt@...> wrote:

> Ubuntu is almost as easy to install as windows. Software is simple as well.
> In fact I would say Ubuntu is about 80% of the way to being simple
> enough for the average user.

Discussion Thread

dickbca 2006-07-20 13:28:00 UTC Linux and Windows Dennis Schmitz 2006-07-20 13:40:24 UTC Re: Linux and Windows Anders Wallin 2006-07-21 00:06:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linux and Windows Lane Shutt 2006-07-25 06:12:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linux and Windows Dennis Schmitz 2006-07-25 13:49:03 UTC Linux and Windows