CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I want introduce myself

on 2000-07-11 17:14:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Robert Douglass" <rad@s...>
wrote:
> Hi all, I am new to this group and would like a few basic
> questions answered. Can you mix and match stepper motors, and where
> can a newbe find the basic info to get started. I have several
> stepper motors, out of old plotters, and printers. I wonder if all
> the parts in the plotters are enough to get me started on building
> mini three axis dremel setup.
> I have read on robotics sites about drivers and so on, how do
> these relate to cnc setups. To me it seems these are both doing the
> same thing, just different words. It seems to me you guys that know
> all about this cnc stuff want to just sell us whole setups, and
treat
> us like mushrooms. What's up with this?
> I just want to build a simple little Desktop CNC Computerized
> Dremel setup like these people did. (see link below)
>
> Bob Douglass
> Hi Bob!
If you want just light cutting cnc you can built a router with
litle money.check on places like,surplus,used .... one place to look
for parts to build your router is EBAY.check ths
link:http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=378284811
> http://www.super-tech.com/root/minimchn.htm

Discussion Thread

Robert Douglass 2000-07-11 16:52:46 UTC I want introduce myself Alvaro Fogassa 2000-07-11 17:14:43 UTC Re: I want introduce myself