CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Seig X3 CNC Conversion

on 2006-08-02 01:41:23 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Stevenson" <john@...> wrote:

> Well yet another of the X3 conversions has been done [ cough ]
>
> I did the test running this week, initally running at 2 m/min [
80in/min ] but after a bit of tuning it can now run at 5m/min or
200in/min but this is far too fast for a machine this size.

> Video here but be warned it's 4.5 meg long.
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/X3/DSCF0437.AVI
>
> John S.

I missed this before now. Looks very nice and from what I can see in
the video the stepper mounts are particularly neat. As you probably
know I'm hoping to do the same to my EMCO FB1, if it turns out half as
good I'll be laughing, at the moment using the vertical axis manually
is doing my head in as it is a small handle right on top of the
column, its lovely winding the head down, not so nice up.

Graham

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-07-28 11:04:41 UTC Seig X3 CNC Conversion Graham Stabler 2006-08-02 01:41:23 UTC Re: Seig X3 CNC Conversion