CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shop Camera

on 2006-08-04 23:34:51 UTC

> In a message dated 8/4/2006 10:03:56 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
> denschmitz@... writes:
>
> For $79 you can get a logitech webcam that has 3.1 megapixel imager.
> High speed USB can go 5 meters
>

> Thanks for the suggestion, but I am hoping to avoid a computer and just use
> a TV, a lot cheaper than a computer and monitor, and also other uses than
> just in the shop.
> bill

But if you use an old PC, free from most places, you can also run it as a shop computer.
Run various programs like Machinist's Mate, http://www.wadecopro.com
Run a set or part of a DRO system.
Run TurboCNc driving one stepper motor [ or more ] to give a simple power feed to a machine, [ no need for out and out CNC. ]
Use Turbo CNC again to power a stepper driven dividing head for indexing without tears.

A cheap shop PC has far more uses than a TV and takes up the same amount of room.

I have just fitted a web cam into an R8 adaptor on that new X3 milling machine I have converted.
Using the video window inside Mach3 I can easliy get to a thou for centering and lining up purposes.

John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-08-04 23:34:51 UTC Re: Shop Camera John Stevenson 2006-08-05 02:21:45 UTC Re: Shop Camera ballendo 2006-08-05 11:55:56 UTC Re: Shop Camera Alan Marconett 2006-08-05 12:49:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shop Camera