CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Transformers

William Scalione wrote:

> A while back, (6 months?) someone on this group mentioned that they
> had quite a few transformers that they wanted to sell. Well I didn't
> save the message and now I need some. Are you still here, or does
> anyone remember who that was? Looking for about 55 to 63 volt
> secondary
> 5 Amp if anyone has any.

I have 2 240 / 120 step-down transformers, that would deliver ~60 VAC
RMS if run
on a 110 input. These are about 1 KVA at rated voltage, so you could
get 5 A average
out, and a capacitor-input filter would give about 84 Volts DC. They
are HEAVY,
so it would not be very sensible to ship them far. Brigar Electronics
has a few
fairly good size transformers for this kind of thing. Their web site
is:
http://members.aol.com/brigar2/brigar.html

Jon Elson 2000-07-11 23:32:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Transformers