CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 80/20 questions

Posted by lcdpublishing
on 2006-08-13 10:36:43 UTC
Hi Dave,

8020 is good stuff for routers and such, anything that is dry and
dusty type of cutting. You can buy the bearing pads from them and even
the brackets and such. With UHMW bearing pads there is VERY little
friction, and they will tolerate all the dust and debri you can throw
at them.

Strength is very good too. Just keep in mind, that if the rail is
unsupported, you have to size it to account for the flex. Unsupported
rails lead to all sorts of problems with accuracy and rigidity.

Chris

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<dave_mucha@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to make a simple Y axis that has 30-+ inches of movement, so
> will be about 36 inches long.
>
> I was thinking about 80/20 as the total Z axis weight will be under 5
> pounds.
>
> I was also thinking about the 80/20 slides (glides?)
>
> does anyone have any experiance with 80/20 as a slide ?
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2006-08-13 08:49:59 UTC 80/20 questions lcdpublishing 2006-08-13 10:36:43 UTC Re: 80/20 questions