CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: bridgeport retrofit

on 2006-08-29 11:17:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Merja" <chuckm@...> wrote:

> I had found a Bridgeport II with low voltage board problems and was
going to
> ask what it would take money and time wise to put in a new set of
controls.
> This post (about the Goleta, Ca unit) prompts me to finally ask -
and also
> ask what system would you
> guys install?
>
> Chuck Merja

Simple retro-fit of electronics.

if it has steppers, then Gecko 2xx series stepper driver.

if it has servo's , the Gecko or Rutex drivers.

Figure around $1,000 for a control box with power supply, boards and
breakout board.

You can spend more if you buy one that is bolt-on and ready to
connect, or less if you have a good parts bin to draw from.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Chuck Merja 2006-08-29 09:52:32 UTC bridgeport retrofit turbulatordude 2006-08-29 11:17:50 UTC Re: bridgeport retrofit