CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Long term Z axis problem

on 2006-09-08 08:55:03 UTC
> John You mention that you are using the G210 on the Z axis and you mention
> that the problem went a way when you shifted to the chinese drivers. One
> factor why the G210 may exhibit lost steps may be due to the software
> direction change timing was be too short. I would increase it if possible
> to at least 5 usec
> Dan Mauch
> low cost stepper and servo motors.
> cases for Gecko drives
> kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
> www.camtronics-cnc.com
> www.seanet.com/~dmauch

Dan,
That was one of the first things we tried.
I had Ian Eagland helping who is the UK Ahha agent and is very knowlegable on this controller.
If I remember right we tried from 2 to 25 usec with no difference.
I'll check what it is on now as it wasn't touched when the Chinese drive went on.
Today was the last day on this job, so far today it has drilled 7,800 holes in 5mm steel plate ans still on the Z zero mark.
Before I had to reset the Z every 4 playes or 1700 holes as it was 10 to 15 thou out.

John s.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-09-08 08:55:03 UTC Re: Re: Long term Z axis problem John Stevenson 2006-09-08 23:51:50 UTC Re: Re: Long term Z axis problem