CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cover picture

Posted by lcdpublishing
on 2006-09-20 14:01:27 UTC
Hi Ted,

Sorry, not much more 'Public" information on it. It's a work in
progress - not a machine for sale or any plans for it to be that way.
I have no intentions on making plans available for it either. It is
nothing more than an experiment to expand my knowledge of electronics
and so far it has proven to be an excellent platform to do so.

The latest changes include the addition of a 38 tool, automatic tool
changer system - just finished up the software and electronics for
that today.

Next week I will be re-doing the motion control logic system. I don't
like the way my current system works, as such, I have come up with a
new plan to do it that hopefully will work better.

Otherwise, here are some general specifications:

Travels: 11" x 8.5" x 4" (XYZ)
Maximum traverse velocity: currently 120 IPM
Resolution: .00005"
Spindle: 7000 RPM, variable speed spindle, electric
Automatic tool changer - 38 tools
Machine Operation Monitor - monitors and displays temperatures of all
critical elements
Operator Panel with "Real" buttons and switches - many features
including all the standard CNC controls
CNC Control software - Fanuc compatible language, my own software,
Windows based

That's it in a nutshell

Chris

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ted_skeeters"
<ted_skeeters@...> wrote:

> There is no caption, or credits for the photo displayed on the main
> page. Is there a web page where I can learn more?

Discussion Thread

ted_skeeters 2006-09-19 22:59:48 UTC Cover picture Preston Petty 2006-09-20 13:48:17 UTC Re: Cover picture turbulatordude 2006-09-20 13:50:32 UTC Re: Cover picture lcdpublishing 2006-09-20 14:01:27 UTC Re: Cover picture lcdpublishing 2006-09-20 14:29:04 UTC Re: Cover picture