CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: harris semiconductor

on 2000-07-13 17:21:52 UTC
My guess is your encoder pin-out will be: GND, +5VDC, OUT A, OUT B
and INDEX. The trick will be to identify the GND lead, then the
others will fall in place.

The IC is either a logic device or an analog device (op-amp or
comparator). Look for a "can" type capacitor on the board. More than
likely it will be a power bypass cap. Find its "-" lead. With an
ohmmeter touching this lead, find which wire connects to this point.
That will be the GND wire.

Now test the IC. If it is a logic IC, pin 7 will be GND and pin 14
will be +5VDC. If it is an op-amp, pin 11 will be GND and pin 4 will
be +5VDC. If it is a comparator, pin 12 will be GND and pin 3 will be
+5VDC. Verify the GND pin, then use the +5VDC pin to find your +5VDC
wire.

Now you can power-up the encoder on these wires to a +5VDC supply and
use the voltmeter to find your OUT A and OUT B wires by VERY slowly
turning the encoder and seeing if the voltage goes to 5 volts and
then 0 volts repeatedly. This is much easier with a scope.

Hope that helps.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Alvaro Fogassa" <fogassa@p...>
wrote:
> Hi ALl!
> I've got a servo motor with a encoder disc and a pcb conected to
the
> reading head with a 14 legs Ic that I presume is the decoder chip.
> The chip is made by harris And the code is:96001-14
> problem: HARRIS sold it's semiconductors division and I can not Get
> the specs on how to connect the encoder pcb wires(there is 5) to my
> DRO.
> The motor was made by UNIVERSAL MAGNETICS INC, and again, no luck
on
> the internet.
> maybe someone has one of those and can help me with it?
> BTW: the guy that sold me that has a ton of servo motors with
> encoders on it,many made by pittman and it's cheap a lot cheap.

Discussion Thread

Alvaro Fogassa 2000-07-12 20:38:41 UTC harris semiconductor Mariss Freimanis 2000-07-13 17:21:52 UTC Re: harris semiconductor Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-07-13 18:03:06 UTC Re: harris semiconductor