CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Allen Bradley 30 mm Nema Push Button Switches

on 2006-10-20 16:24:33 UTC
Hi Jan;

In one or twos it is difficult to find dealers that go below their
regular discount what ever that my be. In other words don't pay list
but don't expect a big discount.

As for 30 mm switches Allen Bradley makes a very good switch, as long as
you never stack contact blocks on the back of the operator. In the
older lines Square D made an excellent switch also and would work more
reliably with stacked contact blocks. Unfortunately I'm not familiar
with what Square D / Telemachcaniqe ?sp sell today in that form
factor. Teley 22 mm switches are nice, but then they are French.

So the question seems to be are they overpriced? I would have to say
that it is hard to justify the price of the 30mm operators for light
duty use like on a milling machine. Consider the 30mm series for
E-Stops and do everything else on either 22mm or smaller form factors to
save money. You won't give up much in the way of reliability and panel
build costs go down. You might want to even consider the form factor
that is a size down from 22 mm, which seems to have escaped my old memory.

If the old machines already have the 30mm switches consider just
replacing what is absolutely required. Even beat up the switches can
go on performing for a long time. Money spent on rebuild would be
better spent on bearings and such.

At least that is the way I see it.

Dave

Jan wrote:

> Hi
> My brother and I have several used milling machines that we are
> rebuilding. One is a bridgeport cnc. Where is the best source for
> repair parts and new switches. Do all Allen Bradley Distributors
> charge the same prices. I have started to bid on the odd lot parts for
> these on ebay and even they seem to go for very high prices. We are in
> Houston. My email addy is whosurto@...
> <mailto:whosurto%40netscape.com>
>
> Jan

Discussion Thread

Jan 2006-10-20 10:51:34 UTC Allen Bradley 30 mm Nema Push Button Switches David A. Frantz 2006-10-20 16:24:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Allen Bradley 30 mm Nema Push Button Switches