CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: router plan with plotter servo motors

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2006-10-21 11:47:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "olynykmike" <oly@...> wrote:

> Hi
> I am considering to build a hobby CNC router. The plan I have uses a
> 18" x 18" XY table. I also have picked up two servo motors with
> encoders from an obsolete Calcomp 1043 plotter. I still have to get
> the third motor and then the electronic equipment that will run it.
> I have no specs on the motors and only can give the following
> information. The manufacture date of the plotter was approximately
> 1985 and the OME motors came out of Universal Magnetics Inc. The
> Calcomp Company and Universal Magnetics Inc. do not exist today. The

Check out the encoders at USdigital.com They sell inexpensive optical
encoders and you can probably find out info about yours if they are
similar.

If the power supply is 30 vdc or less, these drives will probably be
your most economical and will work with most of the step and direction
control systems.

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/#servo

Fred Smith - IMService
htp://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby
rebate days?

Discussion Thread

olynykmike 2006-10-21 07:10:32 UTC router plan with plotter servo motors Fred Smith 2006-10-21 11:47:09 UTC Re: router plan with plotter servo motors