CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC2 I/O Cards

vrsculptor wrote:

>Its been a long time since I looked at EMC but I was realy impressed
>by what I saw at Cardinal engineering. Out of curiosity what PCI cards
>does EMC2 currently support for step direction and general IO? Does it
>do step and direction with a G320 and use encoder feedback? Does it
>support threading on a lathe?

For software generated steps, you use the parallel port. For faster
step rates or
smoother pulse trains, you can use my Universal Stepper Controller
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/univstep.html
which also has 16 digital inputs, 8 SSR positions for digital output, ESTOP
circuit built in, and we are just putting in the driver code for
optional analog
spindle speed control. It is not a PCI card, but plugs into the
parallel port.

I have lathe threading working on my sister product, the universal PWM
controller.
I will have it on the stepper controller within the week.

vrsculptor 2006-10-29 17:11:08 UTC EMC2 I/O Cards Jon Elson 2006-10-29 20:03:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC2 I/O Cards Anders Wallin 2006-10-31 12:31:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC2 I/O Cards Jon Elson 2006-10-31 19:45:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC2 I/O Cards