CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wire edm, HELP!

Posted by Brian Worth
on 2006-11-15 00:04:11 UTC
Hi there folks,

First off I know little about wire edm, but in the
past I have had to learn cad/cam programs, machining
techniques etc, and invariably the easiest way for me
was to pay some dude (or dudette!) to come around to
give me some hands-on tuition once I had taught myself
the very basics. Courses I have found dont work too
well because they are not designed aound YOUR
particular problem. One thing - obviously you cant ask
help from someone you are going into competition with!

Regards,

Brian

--- glennandlily <glennandlily@...> wrote:

> Hello,
> I just entered the world of wire edm. We just got a
> charmilles 240sl.
> I went to Chicago for a weeks training on it. It
> gave me the bare
> basics but I need help. We will be using the cad
> system bobwire to
> load our programs, I'm trying to get some software
> from them to assist
> me with that progam. My question to you out there is
> could you give me
> a title to a good book to get me brushed up on
> writing programs,
> starters, for dummies like me. The only writing I
> did was in school a
> long time ago. I usually run a mill and a lathe
> (conventional). I've
> seen numerous books out there but I need the one for
> beginners. If you
> got a good title let me know. Much thanks, Glenn in
> TN.

glennandlily 2006-11-14 17:23:57 UTC wire edm, HELP! Brian Worth 2006-11-15 00:04:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wire edm, HELP! Mark Vaughan 2006-11-15 04:25:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wire edm, HELP! turbulatordude 2006-11-15 06:54:43 UTC Re: wire edm, HELP! Graham Stabler 2006-11-18 13:45:19 UTC Re: wire edm, HELP! Maxi Bertotto 2006-11-24 05:58:59 UTC 5 axis CAM program - Help!!