CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 4942

Posted by s kalanithi
on 2006-11-18 06:55:38 UTC
hello friends
basically i am a mchanical engineer. But i like to develope my knowledge in robotics . so send me some important terms in electronics,electricals &some computer datas.have a good day . see you.......

CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com wrote:
CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO.
Messages In This Digest (14 Messages)
1a.
300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Horace, T.L.Ho
1b.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Patrick J
1c.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Harko Schwartz
1d.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Horace, T.L.Ho
1e.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Dan Mauch
1f.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Horace, T.L.Ho
1g.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives From: Horace, T.L.Ho
2.
Help with pinout for servo motor From: James Washer
3a.
wire edm, HELP! From: glennandlily
3b.
Re: wire edm, HELP! From: Brian Worth
3c.
Re: wire edm, HELP! From: Mark Vaughan
4a.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? From: Darren Lucke
4b.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? From: Andy Wander
4c.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? From: Darren Lucke
View All Topics | Create New Topic
Messages
1a.
300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Horace, T.L.Ho" skyfroghorace@... skyfroghorace Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:48 am (PST) Hi I've got my AC servo motors and drives 3 sets, all 300W, but kind of
regret I should have bought bigger ones. The continuous torque is
around 0.9 Nm only according to spec. I am wondering if it's enough to
motorize X and Y axis of my knee-type mill. I will make pulleys with
ratio around 3:1.

My ball screw dia 36mm lead 10mm. for both X and Y axis. My mill 2hP
knee-type bridgeport copy. With these motors what best jobs can I do
with my CNC mill ? will it comfortable to mill 3d shapes on Aluminum
blanks ?

Any helps would be appreciated.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

1b.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Patrick J" patrick@... Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:04 am (PST) Hi, what did those cost?
URL?
And what will you use to control them?
Is it a step-and-direction system or 0+/-10v?

Hi I've got my AC servo motors and drives 3 sets, all 300W, but kind of
regret I should have bought bigger ones. The continuous torque is
around 0.9 Nm only according to spec. I am wondering if it's enough to
motorize X and Y axis of my knee-type mill. I will make pulleys with
ratio around 3:1.

My ball screw dia 36mm lead 10mm. for both X and Y axis. My mill 2hP
knee-type bridgeport copy. With these motors what best jobs can I do
with my CNC mill ? will it comfortable to mill 3d shapes on Aluminum
blanks ?

Any helps would be appreciated.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

1c.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Harko Schwartz" ncmeinc@... harko_perkasie Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:06 am (PST) you will probably be ok the only issue is how much drag you have
mechanically. Most of my friends have put 1 hp direct on ball screw and
worked great so with the reduction you should be ok

Harko

On 11/14/06, Horace, T.L.Ho <skyfroghorace@...> wrote:

> Hi I've got my AC servo motors and drives 3 sets, all 300W, but kind of
> regret I should have bought bigger ones. The continuous torque is
> around 0.9 Nm only according to spec. I am wondering if it's enough to
> motorize X and Y axis of my knee-type mill. I will make pulleys with
> ratio around 3:1.
>
> My ball screw dia 36mm lead 10mm. for both X and Y axis. My mill 2hP
> knee-type bridgeport copy. With these motors what best jobs can I do
> with my CNC mill ? will it comfortable to mill 3d shapes on Aluminum
> blanks ?
>
> Any helps would be appreciated.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

1d.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Horace, T.L.Ho" skyfroghorace@... skyfroghorace Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 am (PST) They cost me around us$360. I'll post some pictures if I have
anything to show you guys. It is a pulse-direction system, I'll use
a 4-axis pulse generator which is reported to work well with
mitusbishi drives.

Regards,

Horace

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick J" <patrick@...>
wrote:

> Hi, what did those cost?
> URL?
> And what will you use to control them?
> Is it a step-and-direction system or 0+/-10v?

Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Dan Mauch" dmauch@... danmauch Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 am (PST) The calculations are
.9(Nm)X141(oz in)X6.28(2pi)X3(ratio)X2.54(thread per in
1/.3937)X.9(efficiency of the ballscrew)16(oz in a lb)=341 lbs of Force. If
you plan to motorize the knee then you will probably have to install
counterbalancing air spring or a higher ratio on the knee sacrificing speed.
At 300 watts that mean the RPM is about 3400 RPM. So your speed on the
XY axis ballscrews2.54 TPI I would be
3400/3x .3936==446 ipm which is too high for a ballscrew . So a higher ratio
of 6 to 1 would probably be better
Dan Mauch
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
> Hi I've got my AC servo motors and drives 3 sets, all 300W, but kind of
> regret I should have bought bigger ones. The continuous torque is
> around 0.9 Nm only according to spec. I am wondering if it's enough to
> motorize X and Y axis of my knee-type mill. I will make pulleys with
> ratio around 3:1.
>
> My ball screw dia 36mm lead 10mm. for both X and Y axis. My mill 2hP
> knee-type bridgeport copy. With these motors what best jobs can I do
> with my CNC mill ? will it comfortable to mill 3d shapes on Aluminum
> blanks ?
>
> Any helps would be appreciated.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

1f.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Horace, T.L.Ho" skyfroghorace@... skyfroghorace Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:26 am (PST) Hi Harko,

Thanks, so I will go on with these servo motors and drives.

Have no idea how much mechanical drag my system has, maybe when
climb milling the force will be pretty large. I guess if we use
linear slides (which is not the case here)we could use much smaller
motors and still having high feed rates.

Horace.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Harko Schwartz"
<ncmeinc@...> wrote:

> you will probably be ok the only issue is how much drag you have
> mechanically. Most of my friends have put 1 hp direct on ball
screw and
> worked great so with the reduction you should be ok
>
> Harko
>

> On 11/14/06, Horace, T.L.Ho <skyfroghorace@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi I've got my AC servo motors and drives 3 sets, all 300W,
but kind of
> > regret I should have bought bigger ones. The continuous torque is
> > around 0.9 Nm only according to spec. I am wondering if it's
enough to
> > motorize X and Y axis of my knee-type mill. I will make pulleys
with
> > ratio around 3:1.
> >
> > My ball screw dia 36mm lead 10mm. for both X and Y axis. My mill
2hP
> > knee-type bridgeport copy. With these motors what best jobs can
I do
> > with my CNC mill ? will it comfortable to mill 3d shapes on
Aluminum
> > blanks ?
> >
> > Any helps would be appreciated.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

1g.
Re: 300W Mitsubishi AC servo motors and drives Posted by: "Horace, T.L.Ho" skyfroghorace@... skyfroghorace Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:26 pm (PST) Hi Dan,

Really appreciate your inputs, I didn't think of problem of
overspeed, but only overcurrent. Your suggestion of pulley ratio 6:1
will be used, as it is even better for my poor little servo motors.

I will not motorize the knee, but only the quill. Have to find a way
of removing the backlash in the quill to achieve accurate Z axis.

Thanks again.

Horace.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>

wanliker@...,
> > timg@...
> > Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> > if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for
> > OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Back to top
Messages in this topic (7)

2.
Help with pinout for servo motor Posted by: "James Washer" washer@... kg7hh Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 am (PST) I've got a couple salvage servo motors pulled from a large plotter. There's a 10 pin ribbon cable and two large power leads for each motor.. Is there any "standard method" for determining what the 10 pin cable pinout is?

If it helps.. the motors are made by IMB subsidary "Universal Magenets Corp" and have the following numbers 10211-301-001 2139?020 86

thanks

- jim

Back to top
Messages in this topic (1)

3a.
wire edm, HELP! Posted by: "glennandlily" glennandlily@... glennandlily Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:23 pm (PST) Hello,
I just entered the world of wire edm. We just got a charmilles 240sl.
I went to Chicago for a weeks training on it. It gave me the bare
basics but I need help. We will be using the cad system bobwire to
load our programs, I'm trying to get some software from them to assist
me with that progam. My question to you out there is could you give me
a title to a good book to get me brushed up on writing programs,
starters, for dummies like me. The only writing I did was in school a
long time ago. I usually run a mill and a lathe (conventional). I've
seen numerous books out there but I need the one for beginners. If you
got a good title let me know. Much thanks, Glenn in TN.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (3)

3b.
Re: wire edm, HELP! Posted by: "Brian Worth" electromodeler@... electromodeler Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:04 am (PST) Hi there folks,

First off I know little about wire edm, but in the
past I have had to learn cad/cam programs, machining
techniques etc, and invariably the easiest way for me
was to pay some dude (or dudette!) to come around to
give me some hands-on tuition once I had taught myself
the very basics. Courses I have found dont work too
well because they are not designed aound YOUR
particular problem. One thing - obviously you cant ask
help from someone you are going into competition with!

Regards,

Brian

--- glennandlily <glennandlily@...> wrote:

> Hello,
> I just entered the world of wire edm. We just got a
> charmilles 240sl.
> I went to Chicago for a weeks training on it. It
> gave me the bare
> basics but I need help. We will be using the cad
> system bobwire to
> load our programs, I'm trying to get some software
> from them to assist
> me with that progam. My question to you out there is
> could you give me
> a title to a good book to get me brushed up on
> writing programs,
> starters, for dummies like me. The only writing I
> did was in school a
> long time ago. I usually run a mill and a lathe
> (conventional). I've
> seen numerous books out there but I need the one for
> beginners. If you
> got a good title let me know. Much thanks, Glenn in
> TN.

Back to top
Messages in this topic (3)

3c.
Re: wire edm, HELP! Posted by: "Mark Vaughan" mark@... dr_mark_vaughan Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:25 am (PST) I've been servicing EDM machines at board level for about 13 years now in
the UK, mainly Agie wire and sinker machines.

Agoe are now owned by Chamilles whose machines were lacking.

There is still loads I don't know, and so far I haven't come across a good
simple book, you have to wade through the two or three 4 inch manuals.

Seems this industry is kept pretty tight, and machining of special materials
is down to some knowledge from the manufacturer which isn't written down,
and a lot of experience.

If you find a good book I would love to know about it.

Regs Mark

_____

--- glennandlily <glennandlily@ <mailto:glennandlily%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I just entered the world of wire edm. We just got a
> charmilles 240sl.
> I went to Chicago for a weeks training on it. It
> gave me the bare
> basics but I need help. We will be using the cad
> system bobwire to
> load our programs, I'm trying to get some software
> from them to assist
> me with that progam. My question to you out there is
> could you give me
> a title to a good book to get me brushed up on
> writing programs,
> starters, for dummies like me. The only writing I
> did was in school a
> long time ago. I usually run a mill and a lathe
> (conventional). I've
> seen numerous books out there but I need the one for
> beginners. If you
> got a good title let me know. Much thanks, Glenn in
> TN.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger
<http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> .yahoo.com

Back to top
Messages in this topic (3)

4a.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? Posted by: "Darren Lucke" oneluckeboy@... oneluckeboy Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:57 pm (PST) Hey guys... just curious - how much should a
proficient AutoCAD operator be worth - yearly,
hourly?? IF you were paying, or if you were working?

Any help / thoughts appreciated!
Darren Lucke

http://mail.yahoo.com

Back to top
Messages in this topic (55)

4b.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? Posted by: "Andy Wander" awander@... andywander Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:56 pm (PST) Maybe more info than you wanted, but:

http://www.augi.com/surveys/archive/salarysurvey2005.pdf

______________________________________
Andy Wander

Hey guys... just curious - how much should a
proficient AutoCAD operator be worth - yearly,
hourly?? IF you were paying, or if you were working?

Any help / thoughts appreciated!
Darren Lucke

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

This communication including any attachments, are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and contains
confidential or copyrighted materials. Duplication,
distribution or reproduction is strictly prohibited by law
without written permission of Verrex

Back to top
Messages in this topic (55)

4c.
Re: What makes a good CAD operator? OT? Posted by: "Darren Lucke" oneluckeboy@... oneluckeboy Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 pm (PST) Thanks much! Could've searched (already did)
forever.... wealth of info out here, I appreciate it!
Darren Lucke

--- Andy Wander <awander@...> wrote:

> Maybe more info than you wanted, but:

http://www.augi.com/surveys/archive/salarysurvey2005.pdf

> ______________________________________
> Andy Wander

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

Back to top
Messages in this topic (55)

Recent Activity

29
New Members

Visit Your Group
New Message Search
Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

Share feedback on the new changes to Groups

Need to Reply?

Messages
Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner