CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear slide with DIY rail

on 2006-12-03 23:50:51 UTC
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inputs. Yeah linear slide shouldn't be too expensive
because people can think of many solutions and make them by
themselves. Box section beam is a good idea, but if we use it we
will have make blocks ourselves too.

Regards,

Horace.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Vaughan" <mark@...>
wrote:

> Some big machines don't need high accuracy.
>
> We make some machines where a mm error wouldn't bother us. We use
50mm thick
> wall steel box section, mount it on a frame with bolts welded on
the corners
> so it can be shimmed, BUT it is mounted with its cross section at
45 degrees
> to the frame bed. We then use 90 degree V rollers on our gantry,
which is
> 20mm thick about 20cm square with four V rollers. It is very cheap
and works
> very well, the rollers do need to grip tight so there are some
losses due to
> drag. If there is an error out of true we just adjust the bolts
and shims.
> The main frame is bolted to the building on installation to get
the rest of
> it's rigidity.
>

> May not be suitable for you but worth a thought
>

> Regs Mark
>

> _____

T.L.Ho
> Sent: 03 December 2006 12:57
> To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear slide with DIY rail
>

> Hi all,
>
> I found it hard to buy (second hand) linear slide with enough rail
> length sutitable for our project. My idea is to keep the blocks
and
> machine my own rail. Has anybody done this before ? Any inputs
will be
> thanked.
>
> Regards,
>
> Horace.

Horace, T.L.Ho 2006-12-03 05:04:11 UTC Linear slide with DIY rail Mark Vaughan 2006-12-03 06:46:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear slide with DIY rail turbulatordude 2006-12-03 17:47:37 UTC Re: Linear slide with DIY rail Brian Worth 2006-12-03 21:30:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear slide with DIY rail Horace, T.L.Ho 2006-12-03 23:50:51 UTC Re: Linear slide with DIY rail Horace, T.L.Ho 2006-12-03 23:51:38 UTC Re: Linear slide with DIY rail Horace, T.L.Ho 2006-12-03 23:57:09 UTC Re: Linear slide with DIY rail