CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need Help and Hardware to make CNC Lathe machine PC Based

on 2007-01-12 18:46:32 UTC
Hi Zahid,

Your english is pretty good ! Many times someone whose language is
not english comes off as demanding because they do not know the best
way to ask.

If you look at your machine, you may find that there are modules.
that a motor might connect to a driver board, and that each driver
board connects back to the main board.

If you can find a point where the control signals are on seperate
lines, then you can save the drivers. It may be too much of a problem.

You can get DC motors with brushes from a few different sources. one
of out favorites in the States is treadmills. I am not sure what you
might find where you are.

The Gecko's or rutex drives would be purchased to match the motors.

If you are not concerned about the final cost, then purchase the
motors and drives and power supply from one supplier. They will
provide everything needed.

I think that if you read the on-line manual for the Rutex or Gecko
units, you should be able to figure out what parts you need to make
and what parts you can do.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Zahid Liaqat" <miassint@...>
wrote:

> I have a Harrison Lathe machine TRAINER 280 CNC/Manual.
>
> The manual mode of machine is working perfactly but its CNC mode is not
> activated due to damage e-prom software of its one board that is the
> main interface between the Acorn computer and all the control switches.
> The card is made by "BRADFORD INSTRUMENTS LTD. 060/04 1986 England",
> the 64k eprom IC # is TMS2764-25JL and the label on the IC is "Lathe(m)
> Ver.2.02". I tried to arrange the software by internet but fail.
>
> Now i want to swap my Lathe over to a modern PC, Gecko/Rutex drives and
> driver software such as Turbo CNC or Mach 3 which i have downloaded
> from internet.
>
> Now plz tel me From where i can get good hardware and complete GUIDENCE
> to complete my task.

Discussion Thread

Zahid Liaqat 2007-01-12 03:20:09 UTC Need Help and Hardware to make CNC Lathe machine PC Based turbulatordude 2007-01-12 18:46:32 UTC Re: Need Help and Hardware to make CNC Lathe machine PC Based Arturo E. Duncan 2007-01-13 04:53:15 UTC Re: Need Help and Hardware to make CNC Lathe machine PC Based rembertolm 2007-01-14 16:15:50 UTC Re: Need Help and Hardware to make CNC Lathe machine PC Based