CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: hysterisis brakes

on 2007-02-10 15:07:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

> The simplest one would be some magnets salvaged out of a hard disk drive
> with an aluminum disk passing between them. You could adjust the
amount of
> the disk that is in the magnet's field to adjust the drag. I don't
know
> if this
> is the right range of drag for this application.
>
> Jon

I wondered about that, I just looked at commercial units, some of
those have magnets on both sides of the disk, each donut shaped has 4
poles and you can rotate one to change the braking force.

I'm trying to tension 0.05mm tungsten wire, it has a high breaking
strain and can handle high tensions but I'm not sure what to expect
from the hard disk magnets but I can try, I have about 20.

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2007-02-10 04:09:07 UTC hysterisis brakes Jon Elson 2007-02-10 11:29:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hysterisis brakes Richard L. Wurdack 2007-02-10 12:41:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hysterisis brakes Graham Stabler 2007-02-10 15:07:00 UTC Re: hysterisis brakes