CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

ASCII art

on 2000-07-23 05:21:02 UTC
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:55:06 -0500
From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
Subject: Re: Ball-screws

James Owens wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I have a tool and cutter grinder, which I use mainly as a 12" surface
> grinder, and a tool-post grinder. Is there any reason why I must use
> angular
> contact bearings. Can't they be Timken taper rollers.

Yes, Timken-type bearings would also work, they are just often more
expensive
and larger.

> I don't quite understand your description of how the bearing block
> should be
> designed and what about the other end? If one end of the ball-screw is
> fixed
> with no axial movement should not the other end be just a plain
> bearing or
> ball-race.

Right, just a simple, single-row ball bearing to keep the free end from
flailing
around.

Here's some ascii art for the bearing block :

| |
| |
------ --------
| |
-----

____
| |
------ --------
| |
| |

Hi Jon; and others who attempt ASCII art.

The problem, is the inclusion of the 'TAB' charactor in the 'art'.
The action of the 'TAB', is not consistant, from system to system.
DON't use it, use the space bar to move over to where you want the next
part of your drawing.

Chuck D.
--
He, who will not reason, is a bigot; William Drumond,
he, who cannot, is a fool; Scottish writer

Discussion Thread

Charles A Davis 2000-07-23 05:21:02 UTC ASCII art