CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Comments on this new CNC

on 2007-03-31 02:37:55 UTC
> ISO50 sounds a bit OTT for a 170kg machine. The spec also says
> spindle taper 1:10, ISO50 is 7:24. Have I missed something.

Something wrong here as it contradicts itself over and over.
As Phil points out ISO 50 sounds wrong but it does say 25mm collets which is about right for ISO 50 but the machine only has a 70 mm diameter quill !!
Then it say it has a 16mm milling capacity but has 25mm collets ?

Looking closely at the machine it's based on the small bed Seig X3 but with a different head closely following the SX3.

There are many of these machines starting to come out, many are sold by the host Seig factory internally in China to other factories who then modify them.
Some are being made as outright copies from scratch of the Seig machines. The clones are being sold in small batches to mom and pop garage run enterprises and sold on via Ebay etc.

That makes me wonder just what the support issue will be? Mom and Pop can't afford to swap a complete machine or give support over long distances,
the factory won't be interested becasue there are no long term contracts that can act as levers and the Mom and Pop's are liable to get more crap than a larger customer.

John S.

> Phil
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "WT" <pharmapack@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > I have recently received the following picture from a friend in
> China of a new Milling Machine about to be introduce in the market
> 2nd half of this year:
> >
> > http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s172/CNCQuest/KX3-NU-Forum-2.jpg
> >
> > This is supposed to be a milling machine installed with 3-axis
> stepper motors, ball screws, variable speed spindle motor, limit/home
> switches, oil lubrication line/pump, and J7325/ISO50 milling chuck
> ready to be converted to a CNC milling machine with end-user provided
> CNC control system.
> >
> > The end-user will just have to install stepper drivers and
> hardware/software controller to turn this milling machine into a CNC
> milling machine.
> >
> > Can I have your comments whether this will be a good choice to turn
> it into a CNC milling machine?
> >
> > TIA!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > WT

John Stevenson 2007-03-31 02:23:35 UTC Re: Comments on this new CNC John Stevenson 2007-03-31 02:37:55 UTC Re: Comments on this new CNC