CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LEBLOND NC LATHE

on 2007-04-08 08:05:08 UTC
A lot of work ahead. what controller was on it. I think that you have
resolvers on the motors and I don't think that the Gecko drives will handle
the servo motors you probably will have to go to servo dynamics or similar
drives. The current drives are analog and you need a step and direction to
+/-10 volt dc converter or get a servo drive that will convert in the
drive. You will need to change to encoder feedback at least 500 cpr.
Threading is still a problem that is not handled well with either of the
software packages. For about 2000 you can get a power automation controller
with I/o and have no problems with threading.

Harko

On 07 Apr 2007 19:39:30 -0700, Brad Dirks <bdirks@...> wrote:

> Blank
> Just bought a Leblond Regal Tape Turn. I am planning on using Gecko 320
> Drives, Turbo CNC or Mach. I got no manuals or schematics with it. The servo
> motors have no voltage or amp ratings on them. I am also having trouble
> figuring out what all it takes to make the servo shift work.
> is there anybody out there that has worked on one of these?

Brad Dirks 2007-04-07 19:39:29 UTC LEBLOND NC LATHE Harko Schwartz 2007-04-08 08:05:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LEBLOND NC LATHE