CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: still struggling with torque versus speed reference control.

on 2007-04-08 19:53:17 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "toolspindoctor"
<clarkfamily5@...> wrote:

> I still continue to struggle with tuning and controlling a Yaskawa amp
> and motor.
>
> Keith Clark

It looks like I finally made some progress. Possibly there was a bad
connection in my encoder wire. I resoldered a connection and now the
motor at least can be tuned without the intense vibration. I obtained
a tuning curve using the speed reference mode which looks reasonable.
I then tried the tuning software in Mach3 and the motor does not
respond despite the presence of step pulses. However, the step pulses
look noisy. When a train of pulses is issued the motor will move from
12 to 1 o'clock then back to 11 and then back to 12 over and over.

Keith Clark

Discussion Thread

toolspindoctor 2007-04-08 06:51:37 UTC still struggling with torque versus speed reference control. toolspindoctor 2007-04-08 19:53:17 UTC Re: still struggling with torque versus speed reference control.