CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nema23 brakes

Posted by gary
on 2007-04-29 15:27:16 UTC
On large machine I have used a brake that is normally applied and
released when energized. I have contolled the brake with a relay whose
coil is controlled by the Drive OK output. The drive OK is a signal
usually sent back to the CNC Control after the control issues a drive
enable.

This way anytime the drive goes off line either by a fault, power
failure or control shutdown the brake is set catching the axis.

gary

enytned1 wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a nema23 brake on the z-axis to prevent it from
> moving down when the power is turned off to the machine. The machine
> is a Techno isel and the control I'm trying to setup is from a company
> called camtronics. It is a servo system. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

enytned1 2007-04-28 15:02:45 UTC Nema23 brakes gary 2007-04-29 15:27:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nema23 brakes