CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BT30 quill for a Mill drill

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2007-05-03 07:13:03 UTC
Someone was selling a BT30 quill for a Mill Drill. If anyone knows who this is would you please email me off line. I have an opportunity to pick up a 10 position BT30 carosel with all of it parts in exchange for a customer who has two Dyna 44000 that he bought used. One works fine but uses the dyna language. I have been helping him convert the machine to a hyprid that uses the dyna controls for the spindle speeds and tool changer but uses mach3 for the XYZ Step motors.
So far so good.

Dan Mauch
economical 3D scanner software and kits
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: ballendo
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:22 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: BT30 drawbar

Forgot to add,

The older parts had three "fingers"; rather than ball bearings in
ramped holes of a solid

These fingers were high tensile and hardened steel. Their general
shape was/is
___
_____/ \

With the left end at the top. the left end has a small protrusion
that acts as a hinge in th ecylinder-shaped part that the three
fingers fit into at assembly.

You can see a "one-piece" Homebrew version of this at teh
Buildyouridea link i just mentioned.

Back to the big machines:
The spindle bore has a matching set of ramps, and the rightmost \ of
the finger is what pulls on the holder stud.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik Olsson" <henrik-
olsson@...> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> What is the most common design of the drawbar for a 45degree BT30
pullstud?
> I mean the part that actually grabs the holder and pulls it
up/into the
> spindle. I imagine some kind of tapered "thingy" with balls that,
when
> pulled up, pushes the balls in making contact with the chamfer on
the
> pullstud. When the drawbar is pressed

Dan Mauch 2007-05-03 07:13:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BT30 quill for a Mill drill