CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Out of the 3D printer race

on 2007-06-07 08:48:40 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vrsculptor" <vrsculptor@...>
wrote:

> My projects dead. I dropped my Deskjet's electronics board and broke
> the encoder reader. I'm going to wait and see if Graham or Alvaro are
> successful. If they are I will go for a machine based on the HP
> Officejet Pro K5400 which has better cartridges and is a bit more
> robust.

Oh dear :(

The encoder is just an led and sensor in a housing, if you can get the
housing off perhaps you can re-align the two and use as is? Or have
the legs come off, must have been quite a drop.

Bear in mind that the all in ones have a bit more stuff on the PCB for
the scanner so unless you intend to extend the ribbon cable to the
gantry then you may end up with a rather large board to mount, it may
also not work without the scanner bits connected.

Graham

Discussion Thread

vrsculptor 2007-06-07 06:31:55 UTC Out of the 3D printer race Graham Stabler 2007-06-07 08:48:40 UTC Re: Out of the 3D printer race afogassa 2007-06-07 14:14:16 UTC Re: Out of the 3D printer race Graham Stabler 2007-06-07 15:21:42 UTC Re: Out of the 3D printer race Bill Vance 2007-06-07 19:55:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Out of the 3D printer race