CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: need advice

on 2007-06-15 01:05:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <raymahlberg@...> wrote:

> Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I am a mechanical
> engineer who worked his way through collecge as a tool and die maker.
> I now program 3 cnc routers. I use master cam, komo router cim and am
> very knowledgable with g-code.
> I would like to have a cnc machine at home. I enjoy building steam
> engines.
> I would like to buy a table top knee mill (G3102 grizzley.com) and
> convert it to cnc. I am buying this size because of the size of my
> shop.
> I need help converting this mill. Is this a good mill to convert? What
> do I need? break out boards, power supplys, steppre motors ect. I
> would like to replace the motor with a DC motor so I can get computer
> controled varable speed without having to change belts.
> I would appreciate any help you can give me
> thanks Ray Mahlberg

Ray,
Have a look at the very reasonably priced range of boards from CNC4pc
http://www.cnc4pc.com

They have two boards, the C11 and the C11G that will do exactly what
you require.

John S.

Discussion Thread

Ray 2007-06-14 16:33:02 UTC need advice Peter Homann 2007-06-14 17:07:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] need advice Mark Vaughan 2007-06-14 23:59:13 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] need advice John Stevenson 2007-06-15 01:05:00 UTC Re: need advice Harko Schwartz 2007-06-15 05:07:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] need advice