CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Understanding cnc lathe programming?

Posted by stcnc2000
on 2007-06-27 07:59:10 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jeffspinner" <j.spinner@...>
wrote:
> Hi Jeff, Take a look at this site it may be of help.
http://www.cad2gcode.com/
Click on the lathe page.
Thinkcnc
Bob A

> Once upon a time I was the principle cnc programmer and operator
for a
> cabinetry company. I learned to master it quickly. I have just
> retrofitted a lathe and have no idea what type of drawing files to
> import into programming software. Do I have to draw 3d drawings of
the
> part? Can I just draw one half of the part which would just be the
> toolpath? Do I have to draw the material lines, then the lines cut
> within that meterial? Just trying to figure out the new toy. I am
using
> mach 3 and their lazy cam software. www.artsoft.com I think is
their
> site. Any advice would be great.
> Jeff
> Van Nuys, CA

Discussion Thread

jeffspinner 2007-06-26 23:36:11 UTC Understanding cnc lathe programming? stcnc2000 2007-06-27 07:59:10 UTC Re: Understanding cnc lathe programming? Arnie Minear 2007-06-27 09:43:49 UTC Re: Understanding cnc lathe programming?