CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Threading on a CNC lathe

Posted by roboticscnc
on 2007-08-19 08:31:22 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "shadi_salhab_78" <salhab@...>
wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> I'm about to retrofit a commercial cnc lathe with Mach3 and I have to
> drive the spindle by frequency inverter , will it be apple to do
> threading ? ( since threading want more than one pass how it will
> synchronize the initial starting point in every pass ? )
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shadi Salhab

HI, I use an index pulse card from CNC4PC
http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=129
You just need a plate with a slot in it mounted to the back of the
spindle, and mount the pulse card so that the plate is between the
sensor components on the card. In "Ports & Pins" set INDEX pin no.,
make sure port no. is not left at zero, as it is by default.
Mach 3 Turn has wizards for creating the G Code.
Regards,
Glen.

Discussion Thread

shadi_salhab_78 2007-08-19 08:01:29 UTC Threading on a CNC lathe roboticscnc 2007-08-19 08:31:22 UTC Re: Threading on a CNC lathe