CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper drivers

on 2007-09-13 20:44:20 UTC
At 03:51 PM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
>I'm an engineer turned farmer - er a farmer with an old engineering degree
>and I do a lot of volunteer work with our high school kids. We have built
>120 lb competition robots the last 3 years for FIRST competitions. We are
>not a very wealthy school district and our school shop has been neglected
>for some time. We have a lathe that helped win WW II, anf hasn't done much
>since, a mill/drill that I found for us and some welders - TIG, MIG, stick,
>oh and a plasma cutter. None of these has even a DRO, let alone CNC
>capability, and I am interested in getting into this century and bringing
>the kids along. So, we have printers and computers to salvage, and I've
>seen Bruce Shapiro's work eg -
><http://www.taomc.com/bits2bots/index.htm>http://www.taomc.com/bits2bots/index.htm
>, as
>well as Dave Benson's
><http://www.stepperstuff.com/>http://www.stepperstuff.com/ . Both of them use
>5804's in very simple circuits to use salvaged steppers to make stuff move,
>so I thought I'd start there.

Chuck,

You might want to look at the hobby units like the ones at
www.pminmo.com or any of the many other "kit" or "bare board" vendors.

David G. LeVine
Nashua, NH 03060

David G. LeVine 2007-09-13 20:44:20 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper drivers Brian Foley 2007-09-14 06:53:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper drivers David G. LeVine 2007-09-14 10:21:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper drivers