CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Roatary table

Posted by Balsanu Gabi
on 2007-09-22 23:18:09 UTC
I want that too if it possible or maybe you should put in the file
area (if you want to)
GB
gabi.balsanu at rdslink.ro

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>
wrote:

> I have an enco 8X36 knee mill retrofitted with ballscrews on the
XY axis. I installed my 3 axis servo control unit that uses G320s. I
have used this set up for quite a few years and it works quite well.
Since my control box is all set up for adding a 4th axis I decided to
finally buy a Phase 2 rotary table and use it on my enco mill but
could also use it on my retrofitted Journeyman Tree Mill. I had
purchased an 8" model several months ago when they were on sale. I
finally got around to retrofitting the phase 2 Rotary table. Since I
don't like to reinvent the wheel I searched the web to see if I could
find a good design that someone put on their web site. To my surprise
I could not find any plans or even pictures of rotary tables that
were modified for CNC.
> Coincidentally, I have a friend that dropped by with his 6" phase 2
CNC table and wanted me to rewire his stepper motor to work with his
control unit. I noticed that his stepper motor was mounted on a
plate that was secured to the eccentric bushing that rotates the
worm in or out from the worm wheel. I also noticed that with the
plate in a certain position it would be close to touching the mill
table if the rotary table was used in the horizontal position. I
decided to design my own that was similar but with more offset so the
plate would always clear the table. I machined the mounting plate
and installed in on the rotary table. I have it adjusted so there is
barely any detectable backlash when I rock the table CW-CCW. I used a
680 oz in stepper motor that I had laying around but will probably
replace it with a nema 34 servo motor.
> Other than the motor mounting plate, I bored a 60XL037 aluminum
pulley for a press fit over the handwheel hub. If you are interested
in retrofitting your 6,8 or 10 inch Phase 2 rotary table contact me
off line and I'll give you a copy of my drawing in dxf format.

> Dan Mauch
> economical 3D scanner software and kits
> low cost stepper and servo motors.
> cases for Gecko drives
> kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
> www.camtronics-cnc.com
> www.seanet.com/~dmauch

Dan Mauch 2007-09-22 12:31:57 UTC CNC Roatary table denis 2007-09-22 17:36:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Roatary table Michael Fagan 2007-09-22 19:23:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Roatary table Balsanu Gabi 2007-09-22 23:18:09 UTC Re: CNC Roatary table danmauch 2007-09-23 11:56:37 UTC Re: CNC Roatary table