CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: not working!

Posted by Terry Ackland
on 2000-08-03 17:28:14 UTC
Alan,
the software is maxpro (s&d vers) I purchased it because I already
have a Maxnc retrofit kit that worked straight out of the box and I
find the software plenty for what I want.
The camtronics board, I am sure is ok, all the tests check out and
the
motors can be rotated with the onboard pulse generator.
I am sure there is a conflict because although I have connected the
pin assignment as per the Maxnc instructions, the motors are not
energized.
I tried DEBUG, but I am usless with dos and I probably need more
detailed instructions. In the BIOS at start up the screen reads
serial
ports-3F8 and 2F8 and parallel port 378.
I tried to start my other computer connected to the maxnc which I
thought would run the camtronics board but the hardrive has given up
either through damp or dust or both!
Terry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...>
wrote:
> Terry,
>
> You don't state which software product you are using, but I suspect
the
> wrong parallel port has been selected. See what port the software
> wants, 278h, 378h, 3BCh. You can find which parallel ports you
have
by
> running DEBUG (DOS program), and giving the command: D40:0 (which
will
> dump addresses 400h - 47Fh. If you look at the top line, addresses
408h
> - 40Fh, you will see the parallel ports that are available.
Usually
you