CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DesignCAD 3D v18 & ContourCAM

Posted by Jack Mc Kie
on 2007-12-12 13:23:57 UTC
Ian,

Thanks for your reply! I could not figure out how to use the demo
since there are no tutorials. It is probably a good cad-cam program
but I'll have to see if they have training software. Ideally I
would like Rhino but it is beyond my budget. I currently draw with
2D Autocad LT which I like. I will probably try to use AutoCAD LT
with Art's Lazycam/MachIII.

I mostly do manual machining/patternmaking and want to expand my
patternmaking/production capabilities with CNC.

Jack McKie
www.freshwatermodels.net

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "januseng" <yahoo@...> wrote:

> Jack,
>
> I have used DesignCad since it was a DOS program and have never
found
> any reason to change. It is far less restrictive in it's structure
> and you can adapt it to your own style of drawing. If you want to
use
> it like Autocad, you can, so your learning curve will be easy. It
will
> ouput in eight drawing file formats and twelve image formats.
> It is reliable and has a good support group for those that need to
> exploit its many capabilities. Version 17.2 is very stable for me
in
> XP. V18 is newish and for Vista, so probably needs time to settle.
>
> ContourCam is an integrated plugin and appears on the top menu bar.
> I have it installed on my machine waiting for me to use it on my
> little Denford Novamill. It looks very user friendly, see :-
>
> http://www.magicsystems.com/uk/default.asp
>
> It does not have a post processor for Mach3 but it seems that it is
> not a big problem to modify one of the supplied posts.
>
> No connection with either supplier, just a happy user.
>
> Ian
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Mc Kie"
> <freshwatermodels@> wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone routinely uses DesignCAD 3D v18 &
ContourCAM
> > with Mach III???
> >
> > I saw some positive posts in the archives from a while back but
am
> > wondering if anyone has settled on these for designing their
parts
> and
> > generating G code?
> >
> > One concern I have is learning the software. I currently draw in
2D
> > with AutoCAD LT.
> >
> > ANY insight would be appreciated!
> >
> > Jack

Discussion Thread

Jack Mc Kie 2007-12-01 10:42:36 UTC DesignCAD 3D v18 & ContourCAM januseng 2007-12-02 12:45:29 UTC Re: DesignCAD 3D v18 & ContourCAM Jack Mc Kie 2007-12-12 13:23:57 UTC Re: DesignCAD 3D v18 & ContourCAM