CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves?

Posted by jimmy2309a
on 2007-12-31 09:58:49 UTC
I am by no means an expert but I do Some engraving and work with
corel draw 9 for my engravings, HPGL has always out put straight
lines for curves. HPGL-2 was supose to do true curves but I have not
had any software that would read HPGL-2 files and work with my
machines, The only thing I can think of is you may have a coarse
output for your HPGL Files. With corel draw 9 when you save as PLT
file I have a box that pops up for the plt output settings and under
the Page Tab there is a Plotter units setting, the standered for HPGL
output is something like 1016, this is how many line segments per 1"
lines, if this is set to coarse or if you make your drawing to small
for your final output you will see the line segments in the
engraving. When I do My drawings i set the page size to the size of
my plate I will be engraving so I don't have to scale the drawing
after I export it. I don't know anything about corel 12 but it should
have simular settings somewhere.
I hope this helps some,
Jimmy

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Rutledge"
<gary4321@...> wrote:

> Has any one else encountered a problem with the curves on the font
text
> lettering appearing jagged when using Corel Draw 12. I've used
corel
> draw 11 in the past with no problems other than the double lines
when
> you don't want them. The problem is I create a text engraving and
save
> it as a hpgl-plt file, as I have in the past with corel 11. When I
> loaded the file on my machine computer and ran the file, the
letters
> that have curves, (C S U)etc, looked bad. I saw that the lines were
> short segments of stright lines. Went back to corel draw HELP and
found
> this;[ When exporting a PLT file, Bézier curves are converted to
line
> segments]. Is there any way around this or is this a new FEATURE in
> corel 12 from 11? When I convert to DXF for my DESK cnc software
the
> curves are curves, however I still am comfortable using good old
DANCAD
> 3d/danplot for certain jobs.Also was hoping to get rid of the
double
> line problem. Appreciate any help. Thanks Gary

Discussion Thread

Gary Rutledge 2007-12-30 19:31:21 UTC Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? jimmy2309a 2007-12-31 09:58:49 UTC Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? caudlet 2007-12-31 12:18:49 UTC Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? josef-wagner 2007-12-31 14:24:28 UTC AW: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? Gary Rutledge 2007-12-31 15:27:40 UTC Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? caudlet 2007-12-31 16:12:43 UTC Re: Corel draw 12 hpgl-plt file not true curves? Russ Waters 2008-01-01 13:58:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Corel draw, double line fix?????