CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport BTC available

Posted by Peter Reilley
on 2008-01-06 07:54:01 UTC
I am not interested (though I was sorely tempted). I posted
it to the group in case anyone here might be interested.

Pete.

----- Original Message -----
From: turbulatordude
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 10:35 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport BTC available

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Reilley" <micrio@...>
wrote:

> I noticed this machine on Craig's List and thought that someone here
might
> be interested. I don't know the guy and I have not seen the machine.
> I was sorely tempted since it is just a few miles away from me.
> It is basically a Bridgeport Boss with a Bridgeport tool changer.
>
> http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/522802184.html
>
> I could go look at it if anyone is interested and if I have some time
> available and let you know what I think.
>
> Pete.

Hi Pete,

First, the price is not known, only the initial offer. since you must
pay the rigger, it might caught thousands. I would also pay for
insurance of make sure the rigger has it. Since you are contracting
the rigger, you are responsible for your contractor.

I would go see the guy since he is close and see if he has a quote
already from the rigger. that would give you a clue as to what your
actual cost might be.

Since it is in his basement, the cost of moving is going to be the big
one.

you can cut a small amount of that down by moving everything you can
before the rigger, but it may be better to let the rigger do it all.

Measure your space and clear it out, paint the walls behind, and prep
the floor. run your power so when the riggers drop it, it goes
exactly in place. you will not be able to move it easily once it hits
your shop.

But, it does look like a great value !

Dave

Peter Reilley 2008-01-06 06:55:54 UTC Bridgeport BTC available turbulatordude 2008-01-06 07:36:02 UTC Re: Bridgeport BTC available Peter Reilley 2008-01-06 07:54:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport BTC available