CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Encoder for stepping motor

Posted by cnc002@a...
on 2008-01-16 13:12:05 UTC
Digikey also sells the detent type encoders. They aren't as robust as
optical units but are much less expensive. They would do what you want but the
optical would be a more reliable option. I agree, it is just too involved
using a stepper as an encoder and still not as good as using the real thing.

Randy A.

In a message dated 1/14/2008 3:29:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,