CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo Drive

Posted by John Mesh
on 2008-02-02 20:10:01 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vrsculptor" <vrsculptor@...>
wrote:

> John,
> I don't think you can get a Rutex at this point.
>
> The analog drive is a good option, maybe expensive if not surplus. You
> will also need to find a Rutex 990H or pixie step analog converter
> laying about somewhere. I don't think either are available from the
> manufacturers at this point. The converters may be problematic or
> difficult to tune based on messages I've seen on the various groups.
>
> Granite, in Europe, makes a nice drive for about $250 which puts out
> more than the Gecko's but not 180 volts. Baldor makes nice, but
> costly, PM digital drives.
>
> Jon Ellison has a nice solution that works under EMC which supports
> closed loop control. I looked into it and saw it running at Cardinal.
> I don't remember the specs but the cost was reasonable and they were
> pretty impressive. EMC's lathe implementation is pretty solid and
> handled a much higher than 400 line (may have been 2K) spindle
encoder.

> If you can wait a bit the ULI drive kit may be the best solution.
> Thats the way I'm going. I need 20 amps at 120 volts. I think they max
> at 160 volts at 25 amps. See:
> <http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217&page=999>
>
> Roger

Thanks, I'll check that out.
I would really rather go with EMC, have the latest CD just cannot
get it to boot up any more. Tried it on 3 different computers, don't
like the idea of using Windows to control any machine.

Discussion Thread

John Mesh 2008-01-31 01:48:49 UTC Servo Drive vrsculptor 2008-02-01 12:37:09 UTC Re: Servo Drive John Mesh 2008-02-02 20:10:01 UTC Re: Servo Drive