CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Maxpro software

Posted by Terry Ackland
on 2000-08-04 18:05:24 UTC
---
Tim,
that is exactly what I have. I purchased a 25 pin female connector
and
soldered step and direction wires from the connector to the
controller. The Maxnc has the same configuration as Camronics.
I did not include an earth because I can remember downloading the
Dancam applications files and Hudgins mentions that only 4 wires are
necessary for a 2 axis controller if no limit stops are included. I
guess he did not figure on dummies like me that cannot put the
batteries in his camera the right way up first time!
So tomorrow, when the beer has worn off, I shall add an earth and try
again.
Terry
In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Tim Goldstein <timg@k...> wrote:
> Terry,
>
> The 36 pins are the centronics connector end of a printer cable.
The
end
> that hooks to the PC is 25 pins. I have a chart that relates the 2
ends of a
> printer cable on my website. Go to:
> http://www.ktmarketing.com/CNC.html
> Then pick the link titled "Parallel Port Hookup to Controller" It
is
the 5th
> from the top.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]
>

> > Alan,
> > I have been trying to use the 25 pin port. The pin out
documentation
> > that came with the software only mentions 25 pins! The Maxnc
> > 145onz/in
> > retrofit kit I purchased just over 2 years ago has a 25 pin port
on
> > the controller and I connected it to the printer port on my
computer
> > which was also 25 pin and it worked perfectlyfirst time! None of
the
> > old computers I was using or intend to use have 36 pin ports.
> > I'm confused, Terry

Discussion Thread

Terry Ackland 2000-08-03 19:37:10 UTC Maxpro software Terry Ackland 2000-08-04 18:05:24 UTC Re: Maxpro software Jim Register 2000-08-05 08:21:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Maxpro software